COMPETE AGAINST 150 ACCOMPLISHED ATHLETES IN A TRUE TEST OF PHYSICAL CONDITIONING AND MENTAL TOUGHNESS.SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2017
NAMED ONE OF THE WORLD’S TOP "BUCKET LIST" RACES.
There are more than enough "typical" triathlons and duathlons out there. How about a true test to end your season? A 500-yard-cool-water swim (for duathletes: a tough 2-mile trail run). Ten miles on your road bike with tight turns and a climb of 700 vertical feet. A 3-mile technical trail run along glacial ridges ascending another 500 feet, ending with a 12% climb. After only three years, this race has become so legendary that it was just named one of the world’s six "bucket list races" by the Athlete’s Choice Awards.
why race the gut check?
Challenge yourself...and help others.
The Gut Check is a unique sprint triathlon AND challenging duathlon held in the glacier-scarred forest of DCR-Nickerson State Park. Besides being a test of your physical and mental fitness, the Gut Check is a fundraiser for the Dreamday Camp: a summer camp where seriously ill children and their families escape for fun and relaxation each year.
- Fresh-water swim in Cliff Pond (expected water temp: mid-60s°)
- Road bike (3 loops) on a closed course with a total of 1000 vertical feet of elevation
- Winding run along narrow trails traversing glacier cliffs
- Assigned, numbered parking near start/finish for first 50 registrants
- Racers may switch from one event to the other — even up to day of event!
- Age-group awards
- USAT sanctioned event
- Relay teams accepted for both the triathlon and duathlon